Saturday, March 29, 2014

Starbucks City Tumblers

I collect Starbucks Global Icon Series tumblers. To date, I have a total of 14 SB tumblers in my collection.

My SB tumbler collection

The idea of collecting SB city tumblers started during my Singapore & Bintan, Indonesia trip in April 2013. 

I was on my way to the boarding gate for my flight back to Manila when I passed by one SB store and decided to get myself a cup of hot latte. I was already in line to order when I saw the display of mugs, tumblers, etc. I decided to take a closer look at the display. Then it hit me right that moment to have SB city tumblers as tangible collection from the international cities I have been. I got myself a 'Singapore' tumbler and paid immediately before I even do the currency conversion (from SGD to PHP, haha!). And luckily, my hot latte became free with the tumbler purchase. Yey!

I had to work back on the earlier cities I have been since 2009. I'm very fortunate to know frequent travelers like me (friends and colleagues) who are currently in or about to go to those cities.

PS. I only collect international city tumblers. Posts are arranged chronologically based on the time I visited them.

Tumbler No. 1 - HK in June 2009 (top right) &
March 2014 (bottom right)
This tumbler was given to me by Thet Esposito from her trip to HK in April 2013.


Tumbler No. 2 - Singapore in March 2010 (top right) &
April 2013 (bottom right)
I bought this tumbler at the departure area of Changi Airport during my April 2013 trip. 

Tumbler No. 3 - Kuala Lumpur in 2010
This tumbler was from Mai Maxino during her trip to KL in May 2013. I personally requested her to buy me one. Lucky me!


Tumbler No. 4 - Taipei in March 2011
Got this from Grace Cincochan. Actually it was not her who bought this one, but her sis-in-law. Haha!

Tumbler No. 5 - Bangkok in July 2011
Special thanks to April Avenir. She visited at least 4 SB stores in Bangkok just to buy me my tumbler. Apparently, both Bangkok and Thailand are not available during her trip in Sept. 2013. And even during Chris Banaag's visit in Nov 2013. So, she just got me this one. Pattaya is another city in Thailand. Still, thanks for the efforts guys!

Tumbler No. 6 - Seoul in November 2011
Also from April Avenir during her recent trip to Seoul this March 2014. It is not the global icon series but still, I included it to my collection. This one is the Seoul City Night limited edition tumbler.

Tumbler No. 7 - Vietnam in August 2013
The second tumbler I personally bought. Since starbucks opened its stores in Vietnam only in January, they are yet to have the city tumbler so I bought the country first. Hopefully, they would already have one in time for my second visit to HCMC in July of this year. Bought this one at the SB store near New World Hotel.

Tumbler No. 8 - Beijing in November 2013
Ever since I was a little girl during history class, I had dreamed of the Great Wall of China. I was so privileged to have climbed the Joyongguan side. We were supposed to take the Badalling side but unfortunately the cable car was not working at that time. Got this from one of the SB stores in Wangfujing shopping street.

Tumbler No. 9 - Beijing, China in November 2013
Since I still have a few CNY when I passed by the SB store at the departure area of Beijing Airport, I decided to get myself the country tumbler. With the intention of actually using it. But as with the others, I can not take to use it. Instead, I placed it in the shelf beside the Beijing tumbler.

Tumbler No. 10 - Dubai in January 2014
I consider my UAE trip as my greatest, so far. Up to now I still can't believe I actually went there. Hahaha! As if it was just a dream. Bought the SB tumbler at the first store I saw at Mirdiff City Center.

Tumbler No. 11 - Abu Dhabi in February 2014
That's me wearing 'Abaya' at Sheik Zayid Mosque. It was such a fascinating sight and so huge that we were not able to look around. It is the largest mosque in UAE.

Tumbler No. 12 - Macau in March 2014
Bought two tumblers, for myself and for a friend. Good thing the tumblers came with two free drinks of my choice. 

Tumbler No. 13 - Paris &
Tumbler No. 14 - London
These two are the only cities I haven't been to in my collection. But I still requested for these anyway from Juliet Dytoc during her trip last February 2014. Hoping I get to visit both cities soon. 

How about you? What do you collect after every trip?


NOTE: I am still in need of Bangkok or Thailand, and Indonesia SB tumblers.

No comments:

Post a Comment